Here are the steps to install OpenStack with DevStack on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.
DevStack really simplifies the installation of OpenStack.
I followed the steps described here : https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/
1) First you need to create the user “stack” :
sudo useradd -s /bin/bash -d /opt/stack -m stack
2) That user should have no password and have sudo privileges :
echo “stack ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL” | sudo tee /etc/sudoers.d/stack
3) Login as the user stack :
sudo -u stack -i
4) Then clone the DevStack files :
git clone https://opendev.org/openstack/devstack
5) Go to the devstack folder and create a file called local.conf :
Add the following content :
And finally launch the script that will install OpenStack :
2021-12-15 20:03:55.748 | stack.sh completed in 1444 seconds. (it took a bit more than 20mn)